We advise clients in all phases of acquisition, finance, and sales of market-rate and affordable housing multifamily projects.
You can expect GSHWM to provide:
- Negotiate and draft letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements;
- Draft, purchase and sale documents incident to the closing process;
- Conduct title investigations, issue title opinions and obtain title insurance;
- Counsel on compliance with HUD lending requirements;
- Comply HUD-required notices to tenants and municipalities;
- Prepare documents necessary to clear title issues;
- Prepare access and utility easement agreements;
- Prepare corporate, partnership and limited liability entity documents and review those prepared by others;
- Review plats of survey, and work closely with surveyors in drafting and providing insurable legal descriptions; and
- Conduct the closing and settlement related to the foregoing.
Multifamily Housing News
- Announcing Our New PartnersATLANTA (January, 8 2024) – The law firm of Goggans, Stutzman, Hudson, Wilson & Mize, LLP, has elected Mechelle Montgomery-Bumpers and Brad Coppedge to the firm’s partnership. “Mechelle and Brad are both integral members of the firm and have already made so…
- Corporate Transparency Act By: Bradley R. CoppedgeAre you aware of the new Corporate Transparency Act? If you are a small business, it APPLIES TO YOU, and it will involve MANDATORY reporting requirements, with hefty civil FINES, and possibly CRIMINAL penalties, if you do not comply! This new law…
- Real Estate Matters October 2023Essential Estate & Financial Planning Documents for Your Children As parents, we always have our children’s best interests at the forefront of our minds. However, many might take for granted the authority we have had as a parent for the last 18 years….