We advise clients in all phases of acquisition, finance, and sales of market-rate and affordable housing multifamily projects.
You can expect GSHWM to provide:
- Negotiate and draft letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements;
- Draft, purchase and sale documents incident to the closing process;
- Conduct title investigations, issue title opinions and obtain title insurance;
- Counsel on compliance with HUD lending requirements;
- Comply HUD-required notices to tenants and municipalities;
- Prepare documents necessary to clear title issues;
- Prepare access and utility easement agreements;
- Prepare corporate, partnership and limited liability entity documents and review those prepared by others;
- Review plats of survey, and work closely with surveyors in drafting and providing insurable legal descriptions; and
- Conduct the closing and settlement related to the foregoing.
Multifamily Housing News
- What Every Parent of College Aged Children Needs to Know: Essential Estate & Financial Planning Documents for your Children By: Bradley R. CoppedgeATLANTA (September 25, 2023) – As parents, we always have our children’s best interests at the forefront of our minds. And we usually try to do anything we can for our children. However, many might take for granted the authority we have had … Read more
- Real Estate Matters June 2023Partner Clyde Mize was featured in the June issue of The Atlantan as a “Power Player” because of his professional accomplishments and commitment to his community. We are proud to have Clyde on the GSHWM team! State of the Market It’s officially … Read more
- Notification Provided by FANS System Allows for Immediate Action to Address Potential Fraud By: Drew WartonATLANTA (March 23, 2023) – Like other states, Georgia has been experiencing a rise in fraud with regard to both real and personal property. While some of this fraud has specifically targeted rental properties or vacant parcels where the owner is not located … Read more