Clyde Mize practices in the areas of residential and commercial real estate, finance and government guaranteed lending. He represents clients in all phases of real estate including acquisitions, developments, financing and sales. He is an active member of the Atlanta real estate community and often speaks on a variety of issues of interest concerning the financial and real estate industries.
Prior to relocating to Atlanta in 2002, Clyde practiced in Chicago in the areas of real estate and commercial litigation and counseled individual and corporate clients regarding commercial and residential real estate, zoning and construction matters.
- Representation of investor purchasing over $3 billion of loans on distressed residential properties in various phases of development throughout the Southeast.
- Representation of USDA in auction and sale of portfolio of foreclosed property.
Representation of one of the Southeast’s largest lenders in the sale of their bank-owned residential properties.
- Representation of many of the Southeast’s community banks and developers in loan workouts, debt resolution and dispositions.
- Approved closing attorney for almost all banks and mortgage companies in the Southeast.
Honors & Affiliations
- Presidential Award Recipient, National Bar Association (2018)
- Named, Best Mentor, Daily Report’s Professional Excellence Awards (2018)
- President, Gate City Bar Association
- Chair, State Bar of Georgia’s Diversity Program
- Board of Directors, 100 Black Men of Atlanta
- Board Member, Gate City Bar Foundation
- YWCA of Northwest Georgia
- Georgia Real Estate Closing Attorneys Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- Selected in Who’s Who in Black Atlanta (2009) relocating
University of Iowa, 1998
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Iowa Law Foundation Board
Trial Advocacy Board, Director
National Trial Advocacy Competition Regional Finalist
University of Illinois, 1995
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)